Today is Sunday, the last (or first) day of the week and for me, it is my post-workout snack ritual day! (it’s just a complicated world to say that Sundays are the days when I prepare my snacks for the week). They are filled with proteins, free of sugar, gluten and dairy and are all good for sweaty bodies! This week, I have decided to make some delicious healthy no-bake brownies bites. Below is the recipe if you want to make the same ones 🙂
- 150 grams of dates (around 25 dates)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 3 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 3 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of maca
- 1 tsp. of spirulina
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
Some ingredients can be easily replaced, such as peanut butter if you prefer another kind of nuts butter. Chia seeds, maca, spirulina and cinnamon are totally optional. Spirulina is amazing for extra proteins but not everybody like its seaweed taste.
- Remove the pits of the dates and let them soak in a bowl of warm water for 10-15 minutes
- Chop the almonds (I used my blender to chop them roughly)
- Add in a large bowl the almonds, peanut butter, vanilla extract, chia seeds, maca, spirulina and cinnamon.
- Put all these ingredients in the food processor, add the soaked dates and put it on for 20-30 seconds. (If you don’t have any food processor, you can chop the dates and manually add them to the bowl and use your hands to mix everything).
- Once everything is well mixed, make little bits with your hands. I made around 20 with the batter.
- Put some maca in a small bowl and roll the bites into it.
The bites can be easily kept in the kitchen with fresh air or in the fridge. I put mine in the fridge and grab a few every morning before heading to the gym/work. They are super good, filling and taste like cookie or brownie dough!