Don’t ask why but this week I suddenly craved for seaweed. I used to eat it as snacks in Canada and I absolutely loved it! It used to have different flavours but I cannot remember any of them, or where I used to buy it, but I remember that it was delicious and healthy, so I checked if I could buy some here. And unfortunately… nope!
So I looked a bit online how to make some and I came up with a recipe that tastes the same as the original one! For people who never tasted it before it might seem very weird and awkward at first, but trust me, it is filling and loaded with tons of proteins from the nori seaweed, and a chip is only 6 calories!
- A pack of nori seaweed (I got 7 big sushi nori seaweed in a pack)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (or any liquid oil)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Toppings (cumin, salt, pepper and sesame seeds)
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F)
- First, I opened and cut the Nori into pieces with scissors but it twisted in the oven so it might be better to cut them afterward, but it won’t change the taste!
- Place the nori on a baking paper and baking tray, without overlapping them.
- Pour in a bowl the sesame oil (or any liquid oil) and soy and mix them together
- With a brush, spread out the mix onto the nori seaweed
- Add the toppings (you can put one or mix them together)
- Bake the nori for 8 minutes
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
I cut them in a way that made 43 pretty big chips. Since none of the ingredients I used
were in the fridge, I left them in a container in the cupboard. It is just perfect for any post-workout snack!
Do let me know if you ever tried this snack and if you liked it!